Online Registration Closed
Webinar: Attachment – Preparing for a Baby/Toddler Through Adoption The Welcoming Process
Attachment – Preparing for a Baby/Toddler Through Adoption The Welcoming Process
The transition from one family to another makes attachment a sensitive issue throughout an adoptee’s life. Whether a child’s placement is direct from the hospital, from an orphanage or foster care or after having been parented by first/birth parents for a period of time, your child’s origins impact who they are with you. In this webinar, we will describe a continuum of attachment issues and offer strategies that promote secure attachment for children from infancy through toddlerhood. This class is appropriate for parents-to-be of children up to 3-years-old when they come home.
Participants will be able to…
· Understand the difference between bonding and attachment.
· Create realistic expectations and timelines for what becoming a family looks like when children have been moved from their first/birth family to a new family with perhaps several transitions in between.
· Identify at least five practical strategies they can employ to promote and solidify attachment between themselves and their child.
· Learn how to read your new baby’s cues.
· Learn how to make the smoothest adjustment when a new child or children join the family.
Experience: Beth Hall is an adoption educator who, co-founded Pact, An Adoption Alliance, which is a multicultural adoption organization dedicated to addressing essential issues affecting adopted children of color. Pact offers lifelong support and placement services for birth and adoptive families with adopted kids of color. A national speaker, she is also the author of numerous articles and a book, Inside Transracial Adoption, which is filled with personal stories, practical suggestions, and theory, and delivers the message that race matters, racism is alive, and families built transracially can develop strong and binding ties.
$36 per person non-member
Special price Pact members receive 25% discount.
Please choose carefully when registering for Pact events. Pact is not in a position to refund workshop or event registration fees.